Senior Production Accountant
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a variety of talent to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Production Finance Analyst is responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for specific project(s), which requires an understanding of accounting principles. Works closely with VFX Producers and production staff to provide specialised analysis support for project finances and other departments including general accounting, legal and FP&A.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…
- Maintain assigned production accounting records.
- Assist Producer in managing budgets and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) Reports.
- Work with other ILM facilities in developing budgets, EFC, and weekly status reports.
- Prepare weekly status reports for the VFX Producer and Executive Management.
- Provide show information needed for facility forecasting and planning
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to working in a creatively driven environment.
- Handles challenging issues with diplomacy and can facilitate cross-functional problem-solving
- Three or more years in the entertainment industry with production finance/accounting experience in a multi-currency environment.
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.