We are looking for a Assistant Accountant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Sydney Finance team, playing a key role in ensuring expenditure and fixed assets are accurately recorded.
On any given day, you will...
- Accounts Payable – coding, reviewing, verification and processing invoices and payment runs in accordance with management approvals and controls, close AP module in Oracle after posting.
- Fixed Assets - maintaining database including preparing of the monthly additions & disposals, running of depreciation, reconciling to the General Ledger, closing FA & CIP in Oracle and periodic review of physical inventories.
- Expense claims - coding, reconciling and processing monthly expense claims
- Preparing of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
What we’re looking for
- Ability to work collaboratively with non-technical employees across the organization and at all levels.
- Meticulous and careful with numbers
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with Oracle and TM1 systems would be an advantageous
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or 1st/ 2nd Year CA/CPA Student
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.