ILM opened its Sydney studio in July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Production Engineer to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The production Engineer is a globally distributed team that develops tools and workflows which act as the foundational infrastructure for ILM’s other departments. As a member of the Production Engineering team, the role focuses on the software and pipelines that ILM use to organise data on disk originating from client and created by artists, Engineer the pipeline to be able to track what is needed and responsible for syncing and mirroring infrastructure and pipeline between studios.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…
- Work on the development of workflow and tools, under the guidance of a project lead
- Creates new tools and workflows
- Serve as knowledge resource for workflow and tools used in production at ILM
- Participate in discussions surrounding future workflow and tool development
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues, Fix bugs and tune workflow tools
- Teams up with artists and productions to develop efficient workflows and supporting tools
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to actively adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Experience developing with C++ and experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis
- Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards
- Knowledge of developing tools and/or plugins within industry software packages such as RV, Nuke and Avid Media Composer
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.