Expression of Interest for Image Process Engineer
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking expressions of interest for an Image Process Engineer to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Image Process Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of the image and colour processing pipeline from acquisition all the way through to final presentation and deliverable creation. This position develops and supports processes for displaying and delivering visual effects and original elements.
The position will require a proactive approach to setting image standards at the beginning of the project and will ensure that standards and practices are observed throughout the lifespan of the show. You will analyze and implement advanced technologies in support of image processing systems, and ensure that the technical quality and integrity of the images rendered throughout the production pipeline are of the highest standard. You are a team player with a strong global multi-site mindset.
- Help design, develop and support a fully colour-managed pipeline and subsequent workflows across the entire visual effects pipeline at all of the ILM studio locations (San Francisco, London, Singapore, Vancouver and Sydney)
- Work with the core Colour and Imaging team to integrate the colour management workflow and processes into all of ILM’s sub-pipelines and tools, including both proprietary and off the shelf software
- Pipeline complexity ranges from writing simple shell scripts to large scale software development projects
- Help develop and enhance colour image processing technologies to meet studio needs
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Computer programming and scripting experience with C++, Python, etc.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to interface with major clients, industry vendors and internal stakeholders
- Capacity for engaging globally across ILM and implementing technology developments accordingly
- Ability to take on responsibility, ownership, decision making and strategic leadership