Sr Financial Analyst
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst for the FP&A team who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
Reporting to the Director, this position will play a vital role in financial planning by helping to create the AOP, bi-monthly forecasts, and long-range plan. Ultimately, this role will be the primary provider of financial support and analyses to the local and global technology teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and track SF CAPEX budget/forecast; own the global CAPEX budget consolidation and review
- Monthly check-ins with technology clients to review their expenditures versus budget
- Monthly check-ins with R&D team in order to monitor project status, capitalization thresholds, and gather documentation of capital projects
- Participate in month-end close by providing budget variance analyses for technology production overhead, capital expenses, and depreciation
- Participate in special projects and assist in the development of ad-hoc financial presentations
- Prepare quarterly rebills to intercompany divisions for technology shared services, assist with creation and maintenance of Oracle Projects module
What We’re Looking For
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance and 3+ years of related accounting experience required
- Demonstrated organizational skills; and able to remain flexible and adaptable while working under tight deadlines
- Proven time management and multiple task management capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to prioritize work and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, involving complex issues in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage extremely detailed, highly complex financial models
- Advanced Excel skills
- Oracle Projects/Cognos TM1 experience preferred
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.