Associate Virtual Production Producer - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Associate Virtual Production Producer will partner with the Producer to bid, schedule and manage Virtual Production projects across ILM, including Medusa, Anyma, Motion Capture and Stagecraft workflows on ILM stages and in our Volumes. Functions as the Producer’s “right hand,” stepping up to assume Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with internal stakeholders - technology, talent management, production accounting, VFX Production teams, etc on all aspects of the Virtual Production projects. The Associate Virtual Production Producer reports to the Producer on a daily basis to show specific tasks.
What You'll Do
- With input from VFX Supervisors and Producer, proactively plan for work related to Virtual Production and Stagecraft shoots and content creation - including technology and pipeline development, performance capture needs, talent and staffing considerations, capacity planning, etc.
- With oversight from the Producer, serve as point person for assigned Virtual Production and or Stagecraft projects to ensure all aspects of project planning are covered and ready for hand-off to the execution production team upon award
- In partnership with the Producer, proactively identify areas that require process definition and improvement - look for opportunities to establish workflows and best practices
- Act as default leader when the Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, responsible for directing ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the Virtual Production and Stagecraft stakeholders across ILM
- Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting is required, with oversight and direction from the Producer
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots may be required
- Special projects as requested
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Proven work experience in VFX production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Linux a plus
- Strong scheduling and budgeting experience required
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.