ILMxLAB Associate Experience Designer
We’re on a mission: building the future. We are lucky to work in an amazing fusion of development where exceptional, interactive & immersive stories combine with groundbreaking visuals and sound. That spectacular mash-up results in unparalleled real-time worlds. Building and releasing these experiences, we endeavor to raise the bar as high as we possibly can. The result is powerful, story-based immersive entertainment.
It is our great fortune to be standing at the crossroads - unconstrained by a specific title or universe - in a highly creative & highly technical environment that thrives on collaboration. If that sounds interesting, jump in! Our team is growing. We're looking for talented and driven creative technologists to help design and build the next generation of premium immersive stories. Virtual reality, augmented reality, real-time cinema, theme park entertainment and narrative based experiences - our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling as it’s never been done before!
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences.
- Contribute to the creation of new interactive entertainment paradigms in VR and AR.
- Conspire with creative & tech team on the build and scripting of levels for amazing real-time experiences.
- Execution of design / feature documentation, creative briefs, wireframes, flows & UI proposals
- Manage & track design-related deliverables.
- Follow design reference and interpret / optimize for experience
- Collaborate in development of breakdowns, task lists, and estimates with leads as necessary; participate in project stand-ups, meetings, and reviews.
Required Skills / Experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in entertainment design, game design, interaction design, new media design, related field or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 yrs professional experience & demonstrable facility in the process & design of interactive experiences: understanding of flow, pace, engagement, structure, environment, storytelling, replay, etc.
- Experience working with game engines, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, systems, and implementing work into the pipeline
- Experienced designing interactions and interfaces for hardware and software
- Understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, optimization, testing, etc.
- Understanding, appreciation (& identification) of design patterns related to design of user-centered interactive experiences & UI
- Expert with standard design communication tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio / OmniGraffle, or traditional pen & paper
- Skilled with level design & media prototyping tools: Unity, Unreal, or 3D software of choice
- Knowledge of both visual scripting suites and text scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm design ideas and clearly communicate design intent & process
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
Desired Skills / Experience
- Experience in and passion for the creation of VR & AR experiences
- Strong graphic design sensibilities & ability to communicate visually
- Understanding of 3D content creation & pipelines (Maya, SoftImage, Max, etc.)
- Experience with Unreal 4, Unity, or equivalent game engine
- SCRUM / Agile development experience
- Degree in computer science
- Willing to travel occasionally
Portfolio of relevant design experience is required - show us your chops: documents (design, creative briefs), images, diagrams, movies of walk-throughs or levels are needed.