Supervisor of the motion capture, data collection, and camera tracking systems on set. Responsible for set up of capture systems in a volume as well as establishing workflows with Camera and Virtual Production departments to ensure quality data capture and stream during production.
- Prepare stage and capture systems for real-time capture in a live action shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor
- Oversee motion capture system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting
- Ensure quality real-time camera tracking data and the integrity of all captured data
- Regular work with Stagecraft team to verify position and alignment of tracked camera in a volume
- Direct layout of motion capture cameras and makes adjustments in response to changing conditions on set
- Responsible for maintenance of markers (passive and active) and tracking objects for use on cameras, props, occasionally actors, and for set registration
- Work with the camera department to ensure tracking objects and other sensors (such as FIZ logger) are always attached and calibrated, to ensure quality realtime tracking data
- Coordinate camera offset and lens calibration during lens changes
- Ensure recording of motion capture and camera data for each take, keep slate names in sync with production
- Ensure synchronization of timecode between camera, audio and motion capture systems
- Responsible for uptime of the realtime data-stream
Education / Experience
- On-set motion capture experience required.
- Experience with setup and operation of Vicon Motion Capture systems and software.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Fabrication skills for production and maintenance of tracking objects preferred.
- Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred.