Motion Capture Supervisor (StageCraft)
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Motion Capture Supervisor who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Motion Capture Supervisor will oversee the motion capture, data collection, and camera tracking systems on set. They are responsible for set up of capture systems in a volume as well as establishing workflows with Camera and Virtual Production departments to ensure quality data capture and stream during production.
What You'll Do
- Prepare stage and capture systems for real-time capture in a live action shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor
- Oversee motion capture system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting
- Ensure quality real-time camera tracking data and the integrity of all captured data
- Regular work with Stagecraft team to verify position and alignment of tracked camera in a volume
- Direct layout of motion capture cameras and makes adjustments in response to changing conditions on set
- Responsible for maintenance of markers (passive and active) and tracking objects for use on cameras, props, occasionally actors, and for set registration
- Work with the camera department to ensure tracking objects and other sensors (such as FIZ logger) are always attached and calibrated, to ensure quality realtime tracking data
- Coordinate camera offset and lens calibration during lens changes
- Ensure recording of motion capture and camera data for each take, keep slate names in sync with production
- Ensure synchronization of timecode between camera, audio and motion capture systems
- Responsible for uptime of the realtime data-stream
What We're Looking For
- On-set motion capture experience required.
- Experience with setup and operation of Vicon Motion Capture systems and software.
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Fabrication skills for production and maintenance of tracking objects preferred.
- Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.