Digital Paint Artist - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Digital Paint Artist restores background plates and creates digital articulate mattes.
What You'll Do
- Demonstrates a strong eye for color and grain structures with the ability to match saturation, hues and black points from multiple sources to create a cohesive final montage
- Able to break shots down into individual components with little supervision
- Easily assimilates feedback given by supervisors
- Researches appropriate references including continuity with like shots. Proactively shares this information with team
- Demonstrates a keen eye for recognizing paint artifacts, sharpness and color issues
- Able to handle complex shots with heavy motion blur, lots of layers, etc.
- Ability to use a combination of techniques when dealing with tricky wire removals and clean plates
- Demonstrates a basic ability to do “paint on comp” work to a high level of quality
- Working knowledge of color correction and Grain pipeline in Nuke.
- Ability to use layout and DM cameras in Nuke
- Ability to export track points between multiple toolsets
- Working knowledge of stereo compositing pipeline
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills
- Takes ownership and responsibility of shot. Proactively offers options and finds own solutions for production problems
- Actively works across departments in shot groups. Provides updates to production and other artists on shot progress
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required
- Minimum 3 years’ production experience in computer graphics, animation or video
- Professional experience with Silhouette and Nuke
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus
- Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts
- Must have an understanding of how their work fits into the pipeline and its effect on upstream and downstream departments
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills
- Adaptability and willingness to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.