ILMxLAB Production Coordinator
Production Coordinators (“PCs”) are responsible for scheduling, communication and coordination for a specific number of active projects. PCs work under project’s Producer and Production Manager, and work cross-functionally with leads and peers in disciplines across the project(s) and departments across the company.
We are looking for a supportive and proactive team member who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, team-based mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with your department(s) supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your team’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall project schedule, milestones, and other pertinent considerations; work closely with the Production Manager to help create resource allocation plans for your team(s)
- Establish a process for communicating deadlines, assignments, and priorities to your department(s), as well as the entire project team at a regular cadence; create and distribute weekly reports on your department(s) accomplishments and next steps; anticipate and communicate issues/risks with leadership to reach solutions in a timely manner
- Act as the primary point person for organizing reviews/meetings for your department(s); take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and communicate changes to those whose work may be impacted; follow-up on action items and issues that result from reviews/meetings.
- Manage inter-departmental dependencies through assessing the impact of changes in the production schedule and/or scope of work as they affect the upstream and downstream departments; proactively propose and implement solutions to schedule conflicts
- Serve as a key communication liaison for all parties relevant to your work; provide updates, priorities, schedule information, and statuses of work at any given moment.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the company’s tracking systems and ensure that information is kept current Evaluate the overall workload of your department(s) daily
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external deadlines; check in with your team members regularly regarding their workloads, targets, needs, etc.
- Technical ability required to set up and operate hardware & software (including VR headsets, AR devices, etc.) for reviewing work and product demonstrations
- If coordinating work with third-party partners or vendors, establish collaboration workflows that fits the needs of your department(s) and overall project team
- Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s)
- Provide hands-on support to project team members, including prioritization and escalation of technical issues, file management & delivery, etc.
- Perform special projects as needed
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Game Development, Animation or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years professional experience in CG production
- Experience scheduling projects with complex task relationships, and demonstrated understanding of animation and/or visual effects workflows and terminology
- Ability to problem-solve, balance priorities and multi-task efficiently within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, creative environment which requires adaptability and flexibility
- Attention to detail, consistent follow through and strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly across departments, exhibiting exceptional skills in diplomacy, flexibility and patience
- Ability to motivate and empower teams, foster collaboration and communicate effectively with team members of all levels while displaying team leadership skills
- Excellent time and resource management skills with the ability to self-motivate and meet deliverables while working independently
- Experience with project planning tools such as MS Project or Smartsheet, and task management tools such as JIRA, Asana, etc.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience or interest in the creation of AR/VR/Mixed Reality experiences
- Professional experience and/or education in both traditional film/tv and real-time production
- Professional experience with both agile and waterfall project management methodologies
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.