Desktop Systems Specialist, Level I
The Desktop Systems Specialist, Level I provides primary support for technical queries and issues across all departments at the ILM Vancouver studio, with a focus on desktop hardware and software. You will resolve these queries or issues directly, or escalate to other support teams where necessary.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
As part of the Technology team, you manage a broad range of IT services in order to help ensure the timely delivery of client projects. This primarily includes desktop hardware and software, but can also expand to cover network, storage, servers and media systems and much more.
- Respond to requests and communicate with end-users in a friendly and pro-active manner.
- Build and deploy desktop systems at scale, including Linux, Windows and Mac.
- Maintain inventory, process repairs, and take part in resource planning and procurement.
- Perform regular equipment moves.
- Other tasks and projects as required.
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Previous work experience in a similar role in games or VFX is preferred, but is not considered a requirement.
- Strong communication skills – in person, over email or phone.
- Self-motivated – determine priorities and push yourself to complete tasks, but also ask for help if and when you need it.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with desktop and server hardware.
- Ability to think logically and troubleshoot by breaking complex issues into smaller tasks.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, specifically Linux, and know at least one major OS in some depth.
- Exposure to programming concepts and experience with a scripting language or Python.
- Familiarity or experience in other areas such as databases, network, storage, and virtualization technology would be beneficial.
- Sitting is required
- Can lift up to 50lbs
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.