ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless teamwork on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Recruiter to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Our Sydney studio Recruiter is responsible for supporting the successful selection and hiring of the best talent for Industrial Light & Magic. This position requires an understanding of hiring in a creative industry, ideally with knowledge of VFX, animation, or games, and their various artist disciplines, as well as the production pipeline. Key to this role is the ability to cultivate an environment of trust and collaboration, and experience of working in a global company.
- Identify, screen, interview, and recommend candidates for overhead and artist positions, including managing interview logistics, reference checks, and negotiating job offers while creating a positive experience for candidates
- Assess immigration and relocation needs, obtain appropriate approvals and facilitate process with our HR business partners as needed
- Set up a sourcing strategy based on a thorough understanding of position requirements and maintaining an active candidate pool to anticipate future hiring needs of the studio
- Help build a talent pool and maintain global applicant tracking database along with reporting on appropriate metrics and reports for key stakeholders
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Industrial Light & Magic’s employment brand by taking part in various social media campaigns and recruitment events such as career fairs, industry conferences, open houses and school forums
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with hiring managers, HR business partners, and the global talent acquisition team
- Participate in a variety of projects within the global talent acquisition team
Education / Experience
- You have at least 3 to 5 years experience in recruitment specializing in the creative, VFX, and/or animation industries.
Required Skills / Competencies
- You have a proven track record in sourcing and recruiting creative candidates
- You are proficient in sourcing candidates via various tools (LinkedIn, social networks, job boards, etc.) and using/maintaining an applicant tracking system
- You are an open-minded, collaborative team player
- You are organized and prioritize your workload effectively in a demanding environment, working with multiple contacts and providing informed input and recommendations
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- You are an enthusiastic learner and team player with a passion for working in a creative company
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.