Linux Systems Administrator
The Linux Systems Administrator performs system support duties to meet user requirements and resolve problems.
- Performs system support duties to meet user requirements and resolve problems.
- Assists users with inquiries pertaining to software and hardware performance.
- Assists in the design, deployment and maintenance of all Linux-based systems for Lucasfilm Singapore
- Acts as a liaison for Lucasfilm with outside systems vendors to obtain service and support for Linux systems.
- Recommend the best technology possible to solve a problem or project, regardless of brand, vendor, or platform. Remains open to non-traditional solutions.
- Works cooperatively with other departments/groups to solve issues and improve overall workflow of production.
- Documents all processes, procedures and operations for both internal needs and end users when required
- Liaison with managers and systems administrators to meet the highest demands of the system uptime
- Participate in periodic off-hours downtime performing upgrades, installations, etc.
Education / Experience
- At least a Bachelor in Science or Computer Science
Required Skills / Competencies
- 5 years hands-on experience with Linux (CentOS preferred), system administration, operating system support, and shell scripting
- Programming skills in administrative languages, shell scripting, and PERL/Python/Bash is required
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Knowledge of DNS/NIS required
- Knowledge and exposure to multi-terabyte SAN infrastructure a plus
- Experience with Apache web farm support
- Experience with large scale multiprocessing hardware and software systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Professional and friendly service oriented demeanor with co-workers
- Self-motivated energetic team player who can work alongside others to maximize team performance.
- Solid decision-making, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Proactive and willing to complete unassigned tasks and take on tasks beyond job scope.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Experience in a CG production studio environment is a plus
- Solaris and/or Oracle experience a plus