Associate VFX Supervisor - ILM TV
Serves as “right hand” to VFX Supervisor on assigned show with regards to show leadership, methodology and crewing as well as client management, as needed. Responsible for a body of work on a show such as outsourced work, ILM Singapore, split sequences, etc. Responsible for collaborating with Producer and show leadership to deliver the show on time and on budget.
What You'll Do
- In collaboration with VFX Supervisor and Producer, sets up show including pipeline and methodology decisions, in concert with the DPS.
- Collaborates with Producer to assign crew to show and cast crew.
- Maintains constant communication with VFX Supervisor on location to understand progress on set and changes that will affect body of work.
- May start early shot production, overseeing asset build, look development and/or effects development while principal photography is in progress.
- Responsible for leading crew when VFX Supervisors is on location. Runs dailies, gives crew direction on shots and assets, aesthetic direction and feedback.
- Serves as key creative in bid meetings.
- Develops methodology and approach to show, including how to get work completed efficiently and within show budget; making determinations about where to distribute the work (LDAC/Sing/3PP, etc)
- May cover 2nd unit or relieve VFX Supervisor on location
- Depending on expertise, may drive look of assets and/or effects.
- With input from the FX Supervisor, supervises assigned body of work, provides feedback to artists
- In collaboration with VFX Supervisor and Producer, develops and executes production plan
- On occasion and with approval from VFX Supervisor, may present VFX work to client, with guidance from the VFX Supervisor.
- On occasion, may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.