Junior Motion Graphics Artist
The Junior Motion Graphics Artist conceptualizes, designs, develops and executes 2D and 3D motion graphics and animations for internal development projects and client needs. Responsible for creating all elements for HUD animations, titles, and motion explorations.
What You'll Do
- Work with production team (Art Director, VFX Supervisor) to execute the desired look of 2D and 3D projects
- Assist with storyboarding and creative compositions/shot set-up
- Actively participate in concept design, and project meetings
- Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by project leads, and the production department
- Communicate potential or discovered design and production issues/concerns to the Production Team.
- Perform special projects as assigned
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required
- 1 to 2 years production experience in computer graphics, animation or video
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and highly proficient in Adobe After Effects
- Must have excellent design, layout, typography and color theory skills.
- Experience with a 3D package is necessary (Maya, Max, Cinema 4D or Blender)
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.