Assistant VFX Editor
Assists with daily tasks and editorial work as requested by a Lead or Senior VFX Editor on a Feature Production.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain client cut with latest changes from client editorial and internal versions from multiple artist disciplines.
- Assist in preparing sequences for client review on a weekly basis.
- QC and ingest plates and on-set reference material provided by clients and scan facility.
- Maintain the in-house editorial database (Shotgun) tracking render lengths and adjusting cut lengths according to client updates for assigned show.
- Output visual and audio references of client cuts for artist and production use.
- Provide line-up information for retimes or post-moves to artists and supervisors.
- QC Editorial client deliverables and prepare avid media for upload.
- Import consolidated media from client.
- Assist in handling show wrap-up including various archiving tasks and editing finals and awards reels.
- Performs special projects under the supervision of the Lead Editor, production manager or VFX Supervisor, including show or asset reels.
Bachelors Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
- 2+ years experience with Avid Media/Film Composer or other NLE.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.
- Strong team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of editorial materials and workflows (e.g., formats, codecs, transcoding, exporting etc).
- Adobe Premiere Pro experience.
- Shotgun experience.
- Linux & Mac experience.
- 1 year VFX experience (e.g., basic understanding of a VFX pipeline and team structure).
Proficient with Avid Media/Film Composer or other NLE.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.