Position SummaryThe main focus of the position will be to create crowd simulations for our CG scenes, using either off the shelf or our own proprietary software to populate cities, large scale environments and choreograph battles.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and organise motion for crowds
- Animation and simulations on shots or sequences
- Creating show-specific tools and setups to complement the crowd pipeline.
- Setting-up / troubleshooting crowd simulations
- Setup and run cloth simulations on Crowd
What We’re Looking For
- Advanced knowledge of Houdini Software
- Proven experience working on high end VFX feature-film productions.
- Strong crowd and layout skills including asset integration, scene setup and running simulations
- Experience working with motion capture and/or clip-based animation
- Proficiency with Linux
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output.
Nice to have
- Experience working with cloth simulations and Vellum
- Working knowledge of VEX and/or Python
- Understanding of ‘Maya-to-Houdini’ workflow
- Keen eye for how crowds flock and move / behavioural observations
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.