Senior Systems Engineer
- Will lead, mentor, and collaborate with the technology teams on engineering projects, systems development, tech support and resolution of high level technical issues.
- Responsible for day to day systems support in the London studio, including IT and engineering needs, triage, development and remediation.
- Will provide the ‘face of technology’ in the studio while leveraging the support infrastructure from other ILM studios.
- Manage local tech vendor performance, purchase and support expectations.
- Will manage support escalations on behalf of London artists where issues cannot be resolved locally.
- Partner with global Lucasfilm technology groups and production leadership to plan strategic roadmaps, anticipating near and long term needs.
- Supervise utilization of production systems including monitoring, resource management and performance of any storage, desktop and rendering resource.
- Manage the evaluation and development of emerging solutions to keep Lucasfilm on the leading edge of production technology.
- Maintain strong working relationships with vendors, integrators, and service contractors.
- Constantly monitor and adjust strategy to take advantage of advancements in the industry.
- Support and train relevant personnel.
- Provide support for production system issues when appropriate.
- Provide regular status reports to management and executive teams.
- Provide input for the relevant budgets and financial planning.
- May be assigned to special projects, as needed
- Propose, cost, design, develop and implement production engineering systems.
- Direct systems engineering efforts in high performance computing, distributed compute environments, platform development (primarily Linux OS) and systems optimization.
- Maintain production engineering standards and practices, with relevant documentation.
- Lead technical projects from initial concept through deployment on schedule and on budget.
- Conceptualize the design specifications, establish production client requirements, work with technology teams and clients to plan project costs, timelines, tasks, and dedicate appropriate resources.
- Significant experience of systems engineering in complex heterogeneous environments.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required.
- Solid experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems and related hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of high performance computing practices, systems engineering principles, core infrastructure services, and production systems and pipelines.
- Be able to demonstrate foresight, creativity and mature judgment in resolving complex engineering challenges in a production environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of negotiating resolution of critical engineering issues involving various technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Previous experience as a technologist in the Visual Effects industry preferred.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.