The VFX Producer’s role is to partner with the Visual Effects Supervisor and other key creative leadership to lead
- Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns
andstoryboards for a specific project.
- Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
- Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
- During production, serve as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating
costof work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure clientis updated as needed.
- Create, organize, and maintain
- Supervise assigned production staff.
- Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
- Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
- Participate and oversee work on-set as required.
- Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
- Share responsibility for the success of the entire ILM portfolio by proactively managing schedules, utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners where appropriate.
- The role may also require travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Proven work experience in production management to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel and project planning tools.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.