The VFX Producer’s role is to partner with the Visual Effects Supervisor and other key creative leadership to lead
- Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns
andstoryboards for a specific project.
- Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
- Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
- During production, serve as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating
costof work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure clientis updated as needed.
- Create, organize, and maintain
- Supervise assigned production staff.
- Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
- Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
- Participate and oversee work on-set as required.
- Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
- Share responsibility for the success of the entire ILM portfolio by proactively managing schedules, utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners where appropriate.
- The role may also require travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Proven work experience in production management to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel and project planning tools.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.