ILMxLAB Experience Designer
We’re on a mission: building the future. We are lucky to work in an amazing fusion of development where exceptional, interactive & immersive stories combine with groundbreaking visuals and sound. That spectacular mash-up results in unparalleled real-time worlds. Building and releasing these experiences, we endeavor to raise the bar as high as we possibly can. The result is powerful, story-based immersive entertainment.
It is our great fortune to be standing at the crossroads - unconstrained by a specific title or universe - in a highly creative & highly technical environment that thrives on collaboration. If that sounds interesting, jump in! Our team is growing. We're looking for talented and driven creative technologists to help design and build the next generation of premium immersive stories. Virtual reality, augmented reality, real-time cinema, theme park entertainment and narrative based experiences - our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling as it’s never been done before!
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary development team to advance the state of immersive entertainment
- Design features and mechanics; write and maintain documentation
- Create prototypes and implement features using Unreal 4
- Guide features through the development process, work with engineers, artists, and other developers to ensure the highest quality
- Mentor junior design staff
Required Skills / Experience
- 5+ yrs. experience in interactive design. Thorough understanding of design, player engagement, game structure, environmental storytelling, and development
- Contributed to at least one AAA title in a design role
- Proficient in standard design tools: Unreal, Unity, Maya, 3dsMax, illustrator etc.
- Expert with standard design communication tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, or equivalent
Desired Skills / Experience
- Experience in or a passion for VR & AR
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Strong communication/ Pitch skills
- Ability to communicate visually
Portfolio of relevant design experience is required - show us your chops: Design documents, level designs, movies of walk-throughs or levels may be needed.