ILMxLAB Senior UI Artist
We are looking for an innovative thinker who reflects the innovative spirit and immersive storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
The Senior UI Artist is responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of UI assets for a video game. This person works under the supervision of the creative director to create interfaces that are graphically interesting while also being intuitive and player-friendly.
What You’ll Do
- Create appealing UI across multiple titles, in development and live, working directly with the Art Director and Game Designers
- Develop, apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout an entire project interface
- Create animated prototypes demonstrating UI/UX flow
- Work with the design and programming departments in the implementation of UI components and the desired flow of the game UX
- Iterate using feedback from multiple departments to drive and polish features to a high quality state
- Ideally can animate button presses, screen transitions and UI FX
- Integrate assets in the games without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of the target devices
- Solve complex problems to achieve the artistic goal within game engine capabilities and limitations
- Troubleshoot/debug/firefight technical issues in a variety of different types of projects
- Produce particles, shaders and other VFX in the UI space
- Develop and maintain UI production/workflow/pipeline documentation pertaining to each project
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years professional game industry experience
- Extremely strong portfolio of UI visuals examples in multiple styles preferred
- Exceptional graphic design skills across iconography, layout, typography and color theory with a portfolio that demonstrates this
- Ability to render visuals to a high quality combined with a strong understanding of UI and UX principles.
- Wireframe and layout prototype expertise
- A creative, multi-disciplined person who can work with artists, programmers, designers and engineers to both improve workflow and implement new features
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design across the games industry
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal - the need to keep people in the loop is essential
- Deep familiarity with industry art pipelines and proactive about identifying solutions for UI asset creation and flow in mobile games
- Knowledgeable about technical constraints in video games and optimization techniques to maximize performance
- Must be self-motivated to drive large features autonomously
- Experience with animation and motion graphics
- Strong passion for gaming and an interest in VR, MR and other emerging immersive platforms
- Proficiency within the Unreal game asset pipeline is a big plus!
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.