MoCap Technical Director
Operates Vicon motion capture system in a live action shooting environment. Works with Mocap Supervisor to ensure quality data capture and stream during production.
- Daily operation of Vicon motion capture system in a live action shooting environment
- Daily calibration of the capture volume
- Calibration of camera tracking objects
- Calibration of prop tracking objects
- Maintenance of markers, tracking objects, and mocap hardware
- Work with camera dept and stage tech to fabricate tracking objects, and reliably attach tracking object & other devices to cameras
- Assist with motion capture camera placement
- Troubleshoot Vicon data quality
- Ensure capture of all data, with slate names that are in sync with production
- Communicates with the StageCraft team on the status of the camera tracking
- Assists Mocap Lead with adjustment of mocap camera placement to ensure coverage
- Assists with camera offset and lens calibration protocols
- Route video signals
Education / Experience
- Experience working with Vicon or other motion capture system
- On-set production experience preferred
Required Skills / Competencies
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must have knowledge of film production.
- Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred.
- Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.