Associate Production Manager
The Associate Production Manager works closely with the Coordinators on the project in keeping the show operating in an organized and efficient manner. The APM will oversee the show sequence or discipline schedules and help guide them in order to have a comprehensive sequence or overall show schedule, depending on project size. Associate Production Managers also work with and delegate to the project Production Assistants.
What You'll Do
- Establish a show schedule and work closely with the Coordinators in order to maintain a strong overall schedule. In addition, may involve coordinating for a specific group (discipline) of artists (or multiple groups) on any given project.
- Work closely with the Producer and Production Manager to bid shot work.
- Report to Project (“Show”) Producer and Production Manager potential issues that may affect the schedule or workflow.
- Correspond with client regarding reviews, schedule, and needs.
- Supports discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling bodies of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs.
- Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to discipline or sequence crews, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within Shotgun as well as working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical and digital form (magnet boards / conference rooms/online tools) in order to be visible to the team.
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines.
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure all disciplines hit their targets.
- Keep a weekly synopsis of discipline and/or sequence accomplishments and next steps.
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
- Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into Shotgun/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
- On relevant shows, oversee outsourced work so that vendors’ bids and schedule flow with the overall show schedule, and confirm that vendors’ bids and schedule are in line with the goals of the show.
- Technical ability and understanding required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
- Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
- Perform special projects as needed.
Additional Responsibilities as Needed on Shows:
- May accompany VFX Supervisor and Matchmover on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Oversees for camera reports, shot information sheets, and matchmove information. Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget.
- Serve as the main point person between the Production and VFX Editors. Discuss cut lengths, key frame numbers, editorial discrepancies and other specifics regarding film.
- Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Significant previous experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.