Senior Animator - ILM TV
Responsible for designing and creating the motion of computer graphics characters within a shot while overseeing the animation of a sequence of shots on a specific production.
- Lead creation of outstanding animation for graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using various animation software programs
- Comprehend and execute direction from Lead Animator or Animation Supervisor
- May supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high level animators at the discretion of the Animation Supervisor
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Expected to train and mentor new Animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during the production
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in traditional animation
- Significant experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation with experience working on feature films.
- Significant experience working at Mid-Level Animator level in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs.
- Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
- Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and the other production processes at ILM.