Motion Capture TD (StageCraft) - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Position SummaryUnder the direction of the StageCraft Motion Capture Supervisor the Mocap TD will operate and support the motion capture system during virtual production.
- Daily operation of Vicon motion capture system in a live action shooting environment
- Daily calibration of the capture Volume
- Calibration of camera tracking objects
- Maintenance of markers, tracking objects, and mocap hardware
- Work with camera dept and stage tech to fabricate tracking objects, and reliably attach tracking object & other devices to cameras
- Assist with motion capture camera placement
- Troubleshoot Vicon data quality
- Ensure capture of all data, with slate names that are in sync with production
- Communicates with the StageCraft team on the status of the camera tracking
- Assists Mocap Lead with adjustment of mocap camera placement to ensure coverage
- Assists with camera offset and lens calibration protocols
- Routing of video signals
- Experience working with Vicon or other motion capture system
- On-set production experience preferred
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live-action production.
- Must have knowledge of film production.
- Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred.
- Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor-driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.