This is a project-based position that is responsible for cataloging and restoring Audio / Video assets archived on various forms of digital media and file systems. Some of the responsibilities would include managing 3rd party tape restoration specialist and converting assets to modern file formats. Estimated time frame is 8-12 months.
Conduct archive audits, content reviews, and have responsibility for the overall health of the digital assets and the archive, including the development and execution of a comprehensive migration plan from various tape formats to other technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under aggressive deadlines to meet project commitments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to assess, identify and implement best practices
- Excellent sense of customer service
- Sense of pride and responsibility in overseeing an important content library
- Physical Tape Library knowledge:
- LTO, DLT, AIT
- Tape Libraries, Tape Drives
- Software: Netvault, Retrospect, Backbone
- File system knowledge, Posix and ACL management
- Apple HFS+ File system helpful, but not required
- Project Management skills
- Emphasis in OSX
- Asset tracking skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years’ experience as an IT professional
About Skywalker Sound
For more than a generation, Skywalker Sound has created soundscapes that have redefined aural immersion. Skywalker Sound specializes in sound design, mixing, and audio post-production across multiple mediums. From the gathering of real-life, organic sounds to developing new techniques in sound presentation, Skywalker Sound remains one of the world’s most innovative facilities — eager to explore, create, and venture into the unknown.