Associate Producer - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Partner with Producer to manage the work executed at our 3PPs, when it represents a significant portion of the show’s budget and schedule. Also functions as the Producer’s “right hand”, stepping up to support Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with the VFX Producer (and/or Executive in Charge of Production) on all aspects of the show. The Associate Producer reports to the VFX Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks.
What You'll Do
- With input from Supervisors and VFX Producer, proactively plan for work intended to be outsourced and also look for opportunities to send work to vendors when there are capacity constraints at ILM and Singapore.
- Help identify vendors appropriate for body of work.
- Prepare vendor bidding packages, spearhead vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
- Work with Global Production and Business Affairs to award work to vendors.
- Serve as point person for vendor communication. Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
- Manage change order process.
- Create, organize and maintain project schedule for all work executed at our 3PPs.
- Manage the budget and EFC for all vendor work. Meet or exceed budget and schedule targets.
- Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
- Manage assigned production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
- Act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, responsible for directing ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the production crew.
- Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check EFC to make sure work is on budget.
- Manage client contact related to 3PP work and when Producer is absent or unavailable
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots as needed
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production as needed
- Special projects as requested
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Seven years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Linux a plus
- Strong scheduling and budgeting experience required
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.