The Skywalker Sound Development Group is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
The Skysound Development Group is developing the set of next-generation tools for audio soundtracks and media distribution. We aim, through the synthesis of institutional wisdom of creative, high quality audio with cutting-edge software engineering, to bridge the divide between content creation and audience experience.
As a Software Engineer within the Group, you will play a key role in conceiving and developing tools to help usher in the new era of post production audio content creation, working in areas such as application development, cloud computing, database, and state-of-the-art security implementation. The Development Group works closely with master audio content creators to produce novel technology for immediate utilization.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement media pipeline components and modules
- Iterate and prototype new features during project evolution
- Implement and maintain secure code practices, utilizing security and scanning toolsets
- Address and develop multiple project components in parallel
- Research and incorporate state-of-the-art approaches to recognized challenges
- Proactively identify and address areas for improved efficiency and product quality
- Collaborate with team members in shared libraries, techniques and code responsibilities
What we’re looking for
- Well-rounded experience in front-end and back-end development
- Strong implementer of defensive coding techniques to mitigate security risks
- Strong object-oriented programming experience with test-driven development
- Vast experience in database design and implementation including relational databases and in-memory databases
- Familiarity with open-source and cloud-based message brokers and serverless
- Experience with container-based development and deployments
- Strong foundational knowledge of API architectures including REST, GraphQL, and gRPC
- Familiarity with Python
- Fundamental understanding of Git, Kubernetes, and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of media-based workflows and media metadata
- Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- 4+ years of prior experience with media-based software workflows
- Developed front-end interfaces with React or similar technologies
- Experience with cross-platform software projects
- Strong information system security knowledge
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.