Senior Creature Technical Director
Senior Creature TDs are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya as well as setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, rigid, crowd, and cloth simulations. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
- Advanced Hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya
- Set up and run cloth, hair, rigid body, crowd, muscle simulations
- Troubleshoot creature rigging and pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Mentor entry level artists
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
- Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs
- Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
- Special projects as necessary
- Reports to the CG Talent Manager, Creature and receives daily guidance from the CG Supervisor and VFX Producer.
Education / Experience
- At least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 7 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Experience with advanced hero asset rigging and enveloping in Maya
- Experience setting up and running simulation shotwork.
- Experience in corrective sculpting. Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- Positive Attitude and team player
- Passion for the work
- Good communication skills
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
- Basic proficiency in another discipline -modeling, texture, TD, animation
- Proficiency with Linux
- Expertise with Maya
- Experience with python scripting