We are looking for an artist who reflects the creative talent and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
Junior Generalists learn how to use a variety of software packages to create photo-real environments and elements. They have a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes.
What you'll do
- Produce entry level shot work, including simple sequence-based lighting/rendering tasks, rendering env map/360 spheres, basic model and texture tweaks and HDRI environment map stitching and organization
- Communicate shot status to Production and Supervisor and follow through on specific artistic direction
- Attend dailies
- Check files and scenes from outsource vendors for consistency
- Write documentation of processes and workflows
- Tune renders for shot efficiency
- Work with the show/department Tech lead to test software
- Update and organize Generalist-specific libraries
What we're looking for
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
- You have a proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting or compositing.
- Strong artistic skills
- Exhibits strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to quickly pick up new software.
- Some entry-level understanding in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer and 2d compositing software. Comparable software experience considered
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.