ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s four studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Sr. Recruiter to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Senior Recruiter is responsible for driving recruitment best practices, processes and delivery across the Sydney Studio. This involves consulting with hiring managers on clearly defining the business needs on both a long and short term basis to ensure the sourcing, assessment and delivery of the best talent to the studio. The role will also partner with Human Resources on specific internal and external initiatives and projects; as well as being part of the global recruiting team.
- Identify, advertise, screen, interview and recommend candidates for non- management and artist positions, including managing interview logistics, offer letter preparation and internal and external reference checks.
- Actively develop and maintain creative/artist/applicant tracking database and talent pool, along with reporting on appropriate metrics and reports for key stakeholders.
- Support the further development and implementation of recruitment methods in order to successfully attract top quality candidates appropriate to the position and company needs.
- Provide coaching and mentoring services to managers to develop recruitment skills in addition to providing input into the matching of potential candidates to suitable positions.
- Ensure high quality procedures are in place, which are in line with local legislation and company policy governing recruitment and selection.
- Help build on existing systems to create Recruitment tools including job descriptions, competency profiles and offer letters to improve efficiency and develop uniformity across the organization.
- Work with global recruiting and local executive on promotion and recruitment efforts targeting potential schools and communities
Education / Experience
- Business, HR or relevant university degree
- Minimum five years experience in full cycle recruitment.
- Experience in the entertainment, games or technology industry preferred.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Proven track record in sourcing and recruiting candidates.
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills a must, with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills coupled with maturity and impact to establish good working relationships across the organization is critical to the success of this role.
- Ability to work at times under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Sophisticated computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Access) are required.
- Internet research/recruiting experience such as Linkedin is required.
- Ability to contribute positively in a high-energy, changing environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work across diverse, and matrixed organization
- Ability to build strong partnerships with internal and external networks
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and fluid situations
- Ability to build strong credibility with leaders across the company