Paint & Roto Artist - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Paint & Rotoscope artist has two principal responsibilities: the creation of accurate mattes to extract specific elements from shot plates; and the removal of unwanted elements (such as wires, rigs or tracking markers) from shot plates.
- Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences with both procedural and hand painting methods.
- Creates digital articulate mattes and performs plate clean-up.
- Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences.
- Creates digital articulate mattes with computer-aided drawing tools to detail and precision while performing repetitive tasks.
- Performs plate clean up; removes unwanted artifacts and composites said artifacts with a clean plate created by the artist using tracking software and scripting. Frame by frame handwork when necessary.
- Paints final comps before film-out to resolve last minute problems.
- Performs background repair and wire removal.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of rotoscoping and how to make shapes animate.
- Develops 2D animation skills.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of digital articulate mattes.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required.
- Proven production experience in computer graphics, animation or video.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Experience with 2D image processing, Harry, Henry, Matador, or Macintosh software or other similar systems.
- Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts.
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.