Global Image Production Engineer
As we grow ILM Global teams, we are seeking an Image Process Engineer to join the Vancouver team and be a part of this exciting opportunity. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios (San Francisco, London, Singapore, Vancouver and Sydney) and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
The Image Process Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of the image and colour processing pipeline from acquisition all the way through to final presentation and deliverable creation. This position develops and supports processes for displaying and delivering visual effects and original elements.
The position will require a proactive approach to setting image standards at the beginning of the project and will ensure that standards and practices are observed throughout the lifespan of the show. You will analyze and implement advanced technologies in support of image processing systems, and ensure that the technical quality and integrity of the images rendered throughout the production pipeline are of the highest standard. You are a team player with a strong global multi-site mindset.
- Help design, develop and support a fully colour-managed pipeline and subsequent workflows across the entire visual effects pipeline at all of the ILM studio locations (San Francisco, London, Singapore, Vancouver and Sydney)
- Work with the core Colour and Imaging team to integrate the colour management workflow and processes into all of ILM’s sub-pipelines and tools, including both proprietary and off the shelf software
- Pipeline complexity ranges from writing simple shell scripts to large scale software development projects
- Help develop and enhance colour image processing technologies to meet studio needs
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Computer programming and scripting experience with C++, Python, etc.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to interface with major clients, industry vendors and internal stakeholders
- Capacity for engaging globally across ILM and implementing technology developments accordingly
- Ability to take on responsibility, ownership, decision making and strategic leadership
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.