The Compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realise the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
- Together with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots;
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including: 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on moderately difficult to difficult shots;
- Maintain the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work;
- Ability to work collaboratively with Artists from other disciplines.
Education / Experience
- BA in Computer Graphics or equivalent experience
Required Skills / Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Ability to write Nuke scripts and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and colour
- Strong sense of composition, colour and design
- Familiarity with using Unix systems
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.