The Animator (TV) creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Responsible for acting as a “mentor” Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
- Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team.
Education / Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant professional VFX experience and Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation.
- OR at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stop-motion or computer animation.
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision.
- Good organization and communication skills
- A demo reel demonstrating a strong understanding of Animation principles and artistic ability is required
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Proficiency with Linux desired. Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.