Senior Technical Project Manager
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to support our Technology teams in our London studio and to manage Global technology projects across our five studios.
We need people who have:
- A passion for VFX Technology
- A strong desire to lend order to chaos
- A knack for simplifying complex processes
With over 40 years of experience, ILM is the best in the business, but we’re never content with the status quo. With a full slate of upcoming movies, we have the ambition to improve everything we do:
- Develop ever more powerful tools and production techniques that push the bounds of visual complexity and cinematic fidelity, and continue to create images no one has seen before.
- Improve our most powerful artist tools so they’re easier to learn and easier to use.
- Modernize our core infrastructure, and increase the throughput of our global compute and storage processes.
- Manage the process of gathering and prioritizing project requirements in collaboration with leadership and team members.
- Partner with Technology and Production leadership to set project direction and translate production strategy into a development plan.
- Define, develop, manage and document Program schedule/milestones, proactively drive project-related issues to appropriate resolution, and plan for contingencies due to production-related risks.
- Provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance goals against technical constraints to negotiate release schedules.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships which enable the group to look forward and plan interdepartmental tasks without friction.
- Manage stakeholder expectations throughout the development cycle.
- Coordinate project progress through effective meetings, use of Jira and coordination with technology leadership.
- Manage budgets for larger cross discipline programs and R&D tax credit analysis and process for our London studio.
- Manage application and projects within ILM’s participation in the Innovate UK Grants program, including budget reporting, project status updates and more.
Education / Experience
- You will have significant previous project management experience in VFX production, gaming or software development.
- You have practiced knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, ideally including experience managing Agile software development.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and can get ideas across in a clear and concise manner.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Intuition: an intuitive understanding of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven visual effects production environment.
- Collaboration: a readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice.
- Communication: an ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues.
- Empathy: an ability to listen intently and understand engineer and artist needs.
- Creativity: an insightful and analytical thinker, and a creative problem solver.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.