Crowd Technical Director
The main focus of the position will be to create crowd simulations for our CG scenes, using either off the shelf or our own proprietary software to populate cities, large scale environments and choreograph battles.
• Creating the motion of crowds
• Animation and simulations on shots or sequences
• Integrating Massive software into ILM’s proprietary pipeline
Key Peers or Relationships
Crowd TD’s, Layout, VFX/CG Supervisors, Animation, Production
• Knowledge of Houdini Software
• Experience working on high end VFX feature-film productions.
• Strong crowd and layout skills including asset integration, scene setup and running simulations
• Experience working with motion capture and/or clip-based animation
• Strong working knowledge of Maya
• Proficiency with Linux
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output.
• Working knowledge of Mel and/or Python
• Knowledge of Houdini workflow
• Keen eye for how crowds flock and move
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.