Position SummaryAs a runner for ILM you will be helping ensure the smooth running of ILM Singapore. The role reports into the Executive Producer, and works closely with the other support teams where necessary. Our runners are key members of our support team, constantly performing to a high standard as they get to know all areas of our facility and gaining unique insight into how the entire facility works, getting to know a wide cross section of our staff and the different disciplines that make up our studio. It is an entry level role, with opportunities for further development into artistic or production roles.
- Providing excellent hospitality services for ILM Singapore guests and/ or external visitors
- Assisting the facilities team with office moves, and other general maintenance work and requests
- Receiving deliveries and mail, and giving it out to colleagues
- Helping with general administrative work as directed by the Finance and/or HR Manager
- Ensuring that meeting rooms are prepped beforehand, and equipment is in order
- Ensuring that the stationary room is well stocked on supplies
- Helping to organize social activities for the studio; such as company events and movie screenings (including weekly breakfasts, monthlies, quarterlies etc.)
- Arranging dinner meal orders for staff and crew who work late during weekdays, and on weekends.
- Compiling and processing of weekly crew claims for Producers’ approval
- Supporting the setup of shot boards and printouts with production
- Supporting the production teams with the organizing of show ergo breaks
- Responsible for handing out crew gear, and show related items (posters/ pins etc.) to all crew
- Responding appropriately for any emergencies or urgent issues as and when they arise
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in film production or equivalent preferred.
- A year’s work experience in an office environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at building relationships of trust and with a strong rapport with employees at all levels
- Demonstrate high levels of self-organization, particularly during times of high workload and ambiguity
- Able to effectively manage a demanding and fluctuating workload
- Works effectively without direct supervision
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with key clients of the studio
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Maintains high levels of accuracy and attention to detail when under pressure
- Working knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Has experience with Google suite; calendar management, gmail, google drive etc.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Customer Service experience helpful but not essential
- Knowledge of visual effects
- Available for weekend work as required
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.