Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, Junior Animator creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What you'll do
- Responsible for the support of successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Animate entry-level shots, including cycles and crowds
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
- Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team
What we're looking for
- At least 1 year of relevant VFX experience and at least a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation; OR at least 2 years of relevant professional VFX experience
- Solid understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision.
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong communication and follow through; Proactive and self-sufficient
- A demo reel demonstrating a strong understanding of Animation principles and artistic ability is required
- Nice to have:
- Proficiency with Linux desired
- Intermediate knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
- Experience with Motion Capture data a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.