Senior Effects Technical Director
Senior FX Technical Directors are responsible for generating FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, and particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. Responsibilities also include the lighting, rendering and basic compositing of those FX elements.
Designs lookdev and establishessetup of FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems.
- Lights and renders FX elements and creates
basiccomposite to demonstrate the usability of the elements.
- Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, XSI, 3DS Max or other software, and ability to write expressions or authoring of shaders are required.
- Linux and scripting ability in Python preferred, and experience in MEL highly desired
- Mentoring junior artists and helping to oversee their FX simulation output in a given sequence.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
- 8+ years of work experience required in feature film visual effects.
- Demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
- Feature film experience required
Required Skills / Technical
- Strong communication skills required
- Production experience in leading a small team
- Strong initiative in planning, assigning and following through on tasks