The Generalist demonstrates a strong base of knowledge in 3D Computer Generated Imagery Creation. Successful candidates will display a high degree of proficiency across multiple areas including: modelling, lighting, texturing, shading/look development, FX, matte painting, animation and rendering.
- Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG shots such as modeling, shading, texturing, lighting, FX and rendering.
- Creating models, textures and photo-realistic digital matte paintings
- Lighting and scene assembly for other shots or assets as required, including characters and animation
- Work in conjunction with VFX and CG Supervisor to develop the look and feel of the shot
- Communicate with production on a regular basis and provide aesthetic feedback when required.
Education / Experience
- High level knowledge across multiple CG techniques including but not limited to: animation, FX, modeling, texturing, lighting, matte painting, rendering, shading
- Minimum two years VFX pipeline experience having worked on at least one feature-film.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Working knowledge of Maya and Arnold
- Be comfortable with both the creative and technical aspects of CG work.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. mel, python)
- Traditional arts background
- Comfortable with a wide range of software used to create high quality digital environments.