The Generalist demonstrates a strong base of knowledge in 3D Computer Generated Imagery Creation. Successful candidates will display a high degree of proficiency across multiple areas including: modelling, lighting, texturing, shading/look development, FX, matte painting, animation and rendering.
- Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG shots such as modeling, shading, texturing, lighting, FX and rendering.
- Creating models, textures and photo-realistic digital matte paintings
- Lighting and scene assembly for other shots or assets as required, including characters and animation
- Work in conjunction with VFX and CG Supervisor to develop the look and feel of the shot
- Communicate with production on a regular basis and provide aesthetic feedback when required.
Education / Experience
- High level knowledge across multiple CG techniques including but not limited to: animation, FX, modeling, texturing, lighting, matte painting, rendering, shading
- Minimum two years VFX pipeline experience having worked on at least one feature-film.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Working knowledge of Maya and Arnold
- Be comfortable with both the creative and technical aspects of CG work.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. mel, python)
- Traditional arts background
- Comfortable with a wide range of software used to create high quality digital environments.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.