Motion Graphics Artist - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Motion Graphics Artist conceptualizes, designs, and executes 2D and 3D animations for internal development projects and client needs. Responsible for creating compelling 2D and 2.5D motion graphics in After Effects, but also for developing 3D scenes and integrating renders into the comp.
What You’ll Do
- Works with production team (Art Director, VFX Supervisor) to execute the desired look of 3D projects
- Assists with storyboarding and creative compositions/shot set-up
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions
- Maintains a consistent level of productivity while meeting production deadlines and delivering high quality work
- Communicate potential or discovered design and production issues/concerns to Production Team
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 5-7 years of work as a motion graphic designer or a degree in Design (could be from a Trade School)
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and highly proficient in Adobe After Effects
- Must have excellent design, layout, typography and color theory skills
- Maya or Blender experience is a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.