Talent / Artist Manager
We are seeking a Talent Manager to join the team.
The Talent Manager creates a positive and supportive environment for the artist and production teams at ILM Sydney by building meaningful relationships with the teams they manage, as well as the show leadership teams. They work closely with project leadership in order to schedule and manage crew with an overarching focus on the long term growth of artists through performance feedback and career development, so our artists continue in the long term to grow and develop.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…
- Create a collaborative and supportive environment for the all artists to excel, with an open-door policy to encourage positive communication between you and the artists you manage
- Work closely with show leadership to ensure projects have the right teams assigned, taking into account both the project needs and the career development of the artists
- Assess any capacity and utilisation challenges across your artist and production teams and proactively problem solve any issues, keeping all the relevant information up to date and accurate within our resource planning systems
- Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; helping to develop cross utilisation of teams to promote an effective workflow
- Work with supervisors, production, training and other talent managers to develop training plans for upcoming show needs and ongoing departmental talent development
- Create a positive and constructive feedback environment for your artists with the goal in helping artists grow and meet their long term career goals, as well as continuing to improve their performance
- Manage your team's yearly merit increases
- Working with the talent coordinators, manage time off requests and other ad-hoc administration duties
- Identify recruitment requirements for your teams, partnering with recruiters in finding and hiring the best talent, with a continued focus on creating a diverse team
- Manage locally, but think globally - working collaboratively with all ILM studios to maximise crew utilisation
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- You have a genuine passion for management, and the ability to create an environment conducive for all team members to excel
- You have the ability to provide both positive and constructive feedback, and don’t hesitate to have difficult conversations
- Your scheduling and problem solving skills are proven, and your VFX knowledge is sound
- You have a roll the sleeves up attitude, happy to take on a variety of responsibilities all contributing to the end goal of a positive team environment
- People feel comfortable talking to you and sharing their challenges and their successes
- You lead by example
- You have an instinct for creating teams, an eye for spotting talent and a passion for diversity and team culture
- A Bachelor degree in arts, communications, psychology or business and/or related experience working in a creative and collaborative environment
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.