Media Systems Engineer
ILM is looking for a Media Systems Engineer to join an industry-leading team supporting Physical and Post Technology across our ILM and Lucasfilm productions. We’re looking for a well-rounded engineer who thrives in problem-solving with a can-do attitude in an informal production environment.
You’d be joining a seasoned group that collaborates to support a broad set of production technologies critical in the physical and post-production workflows that bring our films, TV and animated series to life.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot equipment associated with various post-production workflows.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget according to our high internal standards.
- Implement efficient workflow and pipeline design for post-production services with an emphasis on functionality, usability and security;
- Create and update control system databases for various automation systems in state of the art theaters;
- Meet with internal or external clients for production support or development needs;
- Join the team for an industry event or film screening;
- Participate in off-hours maintenance, upgrades and installation for systems when required, including participating in the off-hours ‘On Call’ rotation;
- Conduct research and evaluate new technology and trends to meet the ongoing dynamic needs of our shows
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree BS in engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-7 years installation and maintenance experience in post-production facilities with complex audio/video systems
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Linux, OS X and Windows operating systems
- Experience supporting editorial systems and workflows
Required Skills / Competencies
- Up-to-date knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post-production technologies;
- Solid understanding and practical experience of various media file formats, network fundamentals and systems administration practices;
- Ability to identify and address technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team;
- Basic color theory experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Avid media composer and interplay systems
- Can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.