ILM San Francisco has been creating mind-blowing, cutting-edge Visual Effects for over 40 years. We are looking for a Generalist Supervisor to join our award-winning team.
The Generalist Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of their show team, ensuring that all the work is created according to the approved designs and visual style. They themselves have a high level of skill in creating photo-real environments and landscapes.
What you’ll do
- Create beautiful original work quickly using live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint in a variety of software packages.
- Interpret and implement feedback with little-to-no supervisor direction.
- Supervise your Generalist team (internally and globally) to deliver the expected and desired work for the show on time.
- Review the work of each artist on a regular basis, approving shots and elements for submission to the director. Mentor and support Apprentice and Jr. Artists and assist them with their shots
- Work with your sequence Lead to test out tools and techniques before rolling out to artists.
- Attend bidding sessions with Production and provide precise and accurate bids
- Actively participate in the recruiting and staffing of the Generalist team
- Collaborate with Talent management to guide artists’ overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew
What we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography; OR
- At least 7 years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
- Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting, or compositing
- Excellent communication and team-orientated thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software.
- Fluent in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer and 2d compositing software. Comparable software experience considered
- Good working knowledge of specialist tools and plugins like Multiscatter, Speedtree, etc.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.