Compositor - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
What You'll Do
- Together with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on moderately difficult to difficult shots
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 3 yrs of compositing experience in a feature film or commercial production environment
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of composition, color, and design
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
- Familiarity with using Unix systems
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.