SAP Project Manager (Ariba) – Public Sector
SAP Project Manager, Ariba – Public Sector
Qualified candidates must have managed multiple full life cycle SAP Ariba or SRM implementations, with preference for experience in public sector implementations. The Project Manager is responsible for leading the delivery of SAP Ariba Projects (SAP Ariba Sourcing, Contracts, Buying and Invoicing Modules) and services as required. Experience with SAP Ariba tools and Project Management Methodologies (e.g. SAP Activate Methodology) is required.
Candidates should have strong communication skills / knowledge and have the ability to manage team of employee, sub-contractor relationship, as well as client facing relationship. Ideal candidate will have strong presales, sales and post sales client presentation experience, as well as the ability to guide team through implementation processes such as: planning, fit/gap analysis, configuration, testing, rollout, and, the post-implementation support of SAP public sector solutions.
• 2 full lifecycle implementations – following Ariba deployment methodology - from project prep thru stabilization.
• Act as a liaison between the business customer and project team(s) by building cooperative, constructive, effective relationships.
• Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects following established PMO standards/guidelines, as well as within SAP Activate Methodology standards.
• Responsible for the creation/day to day management of the project schedule from initiation through close out.
• Responsible for the management of the supporting project budget.
• Responsible for the management of project Scope.
• Accountable for communication of variance within the project budget/schedule/scope.
• Accountable for Change/Issue/Risk Management
• Serve as the initial escalation point for all project issues, risks and changes.
• Accountable for Project Resource Model/Management, proactively communicating resource needs and maintaining model throughout the project life cycle
• Responsible for facilitating the procurement process by working with corporate HR
• Building of functional project teams and serve as the project team leader
• Facilitate conflict resolution within the team, escalating when needed.
• Establish clear expectations regarding status reporting, team communication and deliverable management.
• Manage and Provide oversight on tasks.
• Serve as subject matter expect in the area of project management.
• Monitor, manage and report performance of all project team activities to all levels of the organization.
• Oversees and/or obtains defined approvals for all project deliverables.
• Responsible for ensuring all quality processes and guidelines are followed.
• Responsible for working with Resource Managers to secure resources.
• Management of vendor resources, either directly or in partnership with Vendor PM.
The required knowledge and skills for the role are:
- At least 2 full lifecycle Ariba/SRM/Other Procurement System implementations and 5-7 years of industry and/or consulting experience.
- Experience in the Public Sector Industry (State & Local government, K-12, Utilities, Higher Education or Healthcare)
- Experience with the following:
o ERP 6.0 installation or upgrade
o Experience and knowledge of configuring touch points with all modules, including FI, CO, MM, SD, and HR.
- Aptitude for consulting
o Ability to define systems requirements, design and prototype business processes, test complex functionality and train others
o Ability to implement practical business solutions under strict deadlines.
o Ability and desire to work with people as part of a high-performance team
o Ability to meet clients needs with a strong commitment to service
o Ability to travel 80-100%
o Strong desire to excel; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Additional Key Skills:
o Excellent project manager with proven leadership skills
o Excellent customer service focus & attitude
o Excellent influencing and communication skills
o Strong ability to listen, respond and build trust
o Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
o PMO certification is a plus
A Bachelors and/or a Master’s Degree or equivalent and Public Sector Experience highly desirable
LSI Consulting offers competitive salary and bonus structure, along with profit sharing and top notch medical and dental coverage. Please send resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org today!