SAP Funds Management / Grants Management (FM/GM)
SAP FM/GM Lead Consultant – Public Sector
Qualified candidates must have completed multiple full life cycle implementations and have at least four years of functional configuration experience in SAP Public Sector FI/CO, with required experience in Grants Management and Funds Management.
Candidates should have strong functional skills and have the ability to facilitate group discussions related to business process design. Presentation experience, as well as the ability to assist clients in implementation planning, fit/gap analysis, configuration, testing, rollout, and, the post-implementation support of SAP public sector solutions is desirable.
- Planning: Leads short and long-term planning sessions with customers to improve business processes.
- Functional Liaison: Serves as an SAP functional liaison between the customer and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Requirements: Recommends, develops, writes and communicates business requirements for the design and implementation of solutions using SAP functional applications. Works with business customers to develop and analyze SAP application tool needs and determine optimum functionality requirements to meet those needs.
Configuration – Configures Funds Management and Grants Management modules to meet process requirements. Tests and validates configuration meets functional requirements
- Testing: Defines test plans and system documentation to monitor testing for the implementation of system enhancements, modifications, application fixes and new releases of vendor software. Analyzes and tests new releases/ versions of SAP software in order to determine a rollout schedule, functional compatibility and integration issues. Conducts testing of system enhancements, modifications, application updates, fixes and upgrades to ensure software meets vendor and customer specifications. Implements integration plans. Interfaces with cross-functional teams to incorporate plans into integration testing process.
- Documentation: Assists user groups to develop and design manual and web-enabled user guides and training documentation.
- Project Management: Develops, monitors and coordinates project activities, such as scheduling tracking and reporting and leads change management efforts impacting own area.
- Solution Selection: Evaluates and provides recommendations for system enhancements by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Standards: Follows organizational SAP standards for full life-cycle implementations or upgrades. Ensures that less senior staff member adheres to standards.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Provides guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Supervision and Performance Evaluation: Provides functional supervision of assigned staff. Provides input to staff performance reviews.
The required knowledge and skills for the role are:
- At least 2 full lifecycle SAP R/3 implementation and 5-7 years of industry and/or consulting experience.
- Experience in the Public Sector Industry (State & Local government, K-12, Utilities, Higher Education or Healthcare) in the areas of planning and budgeting and sponsored award management
- Familiar with guidelines for federal awards including OMB Circulars and the OMB Uniform Guidance
- Experience with the following:
- ERP 6.0 installation or upgrade
- Funds Management and/or Grants Management in ECC 6
- Report Painter libraries and related functionality for Funds Management and/or Grants Management
- Working knowledge of Finance/Accounting business processes (including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, project systems, closing processes) and the technology that supports these processes.
- Experience and knowledge of configuring FI touch points with other modules, including CO, MM, SD, and HR.
- Aptitude for consulting
- Ability to define systems requirements, design and prototype business processes, test complex functionality and train others
- Ability to implement practical business solutions under strict deadlines.
- Ability and desire to work with people as part of a high-performance team
- Ability to meet client’s needs with a strong commitment to service
- Ability to travel 80-100%
- Strong desire to excel; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelors and/or a Master’s degree or equivalent and Public Sector Experience highly desirable
LSI Consulting offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, along with profit sharing and top-notch medical and dental coverage. Please apply today!