Network Administrator with Cloud Certification (US Citizen or Permanent Resident required)
Network Administrator with Cloud Certification
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform support, troubleshooting, performance monitoring and tuning for the data networks at all locations including WAN, LAN, VPN and SD-WAN.
- Provide recommendations for network improvements, optimization, and deployment plans.
- Perform implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network components to ensure maximum up time and optimal refresh intervals
- Leverage support providers as required, act as single point of contact, managing internet service providers.
- Understand and implement security best practices within network design and work with security specialists to minimize vulnerabilities, coordinate security planning with management.
- Recommend designs, provide cost analysis, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks and network support systems.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established network.
- Provide network documentation, training, and team guidance.
- Windows and Linux Server Administration
- DNS & DHCP Administration
- Participation in nights and weekend projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or related field is required.
- Cisco CCNP certification and/or CISSP
- Minimum 5 + years of related work experience.
- Additional IT Certification preferred MCSE, VMWare VCAP, Palo Alto PCNSA- Certifications in these areas will be a consideration to cover both experience and the degree requirement.
- Experienced in routing/switching, VLAN, security, and/or wireless (Ubiquity experience a plus).
- Expert knowledge of IPv4 and TCP/IP –design, operations, and troubleshooting
- Routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and operations experience a plus
- A working knowledge of cabling standards –copper, fiber, ethernet, etc.
- SD-WAN, remote access, and SSL VPN experience
- Virtualization experience
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP) is required.
- Cisco ASA & Palo Alto firewall experience is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Requires ability to work both independently and in a group environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to clearly and concisely communicate with others.
- Ability to do research and perform detailed tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Aptitude for working in a team environment; problem solving skills, creative thinking, communicating clearly and empathetically, strong time management and ability to collaborate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to explain ideas and concepts to other project team members and to client personnel.
- Has a solid foundation for consulting “soft” skills necessary on client engagements.
- Ability to identify upsell opportunities and assists in management of scope.
- Self-starter with ability to manage their own time and task in order to meet project milestones.
- Manages their own / team task lists in order to meet project milestones
- Monitors team status and reports variances
- Maintains positive working relationship with others;
- Seeks ways to increase their level of contribution and team effectiveness;
- Works in conjunction with peers; and
- May mentor to other associate consultants.
- Works well as a member of a team
- Seeks ways to increase their level of contribution / team effectiveness
- Works well as a leader of a team (motivates team)
- Seeks ways to increase the team’s level of contribution / team effectiveness
- Can lead and focus project team efforts in developing solutions for client situations
- Evaluates and designs application and/or technical architectures
- Leads team effort in developing solutions for projects
- Completes assignments within budget, meets project deadlines, makes and keeps sensible commitments to client and team
- Meets billing efficiency targets, complies with all administrative responsibilities in a timely and effective manner
- Keeps project management appraised of project direction and client concerns
- Understands client’s business and technical environments
- Regularly prepares status reports
LSI Consulting offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, along with profit sharing and company sponsored top-notch medical and dental coverage.