SAP Program Manager (US Citizen or Permanent Resident only)
SAP Program Manager
Qualified candidates must have managed multiple full life cycle implementations in SAP Public Sector projects, with required experience in Public Sector Finance, HCM / HR, and Public Sector Procurement. Prior experience as either a technical or functional consultant is helpful, but not required.
Candidates should have strong functional skills/knowledge and have the ability to manage a team of employees, sub-contractor relationships, as well as client-facing relationships. The ideal candidate will have strong pre-sales, sales, and post-sales client presentation experience, as well as the ability to guide the team through implementation processes such as planning, fit/gap analysis, configuration, testing, rollout, and, the post-implementation support of SAP public sector solutions. Minimum 2 full lifecycle implementations – following ASAP or Activate methodology - from project prep thru Run SAP, and at least one in a team lead role.
- Act as a liaison between the business customer and project team(s) by building cooperative, constructive, effective relationships;
- Assists in the successful delivery of assigned projects following established PMO standards/guidelines, as well as within SAP ASAP/Activate Methodology standards;
- Aides/Leads the creation/day to day management of the project schedule from initiation through closeout;
- Assists in the management of the supporting project budget;
- Assists in the management of project Scope;
- Assists in the communication of variance within the project budget/schedule/scope;
- Accountable for Change/Issue/Risk Management;
- Serve as the initial escalation point for all project issues, risks, and changes;
- Assists in Project Resource Model/Management, proactively communicating resource needs and maintaining model throughout the project life cycle;
- Build functional project teams and serve as the project team leader;
- Facilitate conflict resolution within the team, escalating when needed;
- Establish clear expectations regarding status reporting, team communication, and deliverable management;
- Supports program manager on assigned tasks or manages a group of sub-activities;
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of project management;
- Monitor, manage, and report performance of all project team activities to all levels of the organization;
The required knowledge and skills for the role are:
- At least 3 full lifecycle SAP implementations and 3-5 years of industry and/or consulting experience.
- Experience in the Public Sector Industry (State & Local government, K-12, Utilities, Higher Education, Transportation or Healthcare)
- Experience with the following:
- SAP S/4 HANA or R/3 ECC 6.0 implementation or upgrade
- Experience and knowledge of configuring touchpoints with all modules, including FI, CO, MM, SD, and HR.
- Aptitude for consulting
- Ability to define systems requirements, design and prototype business processes, test complex functionality, and train others
- Ability to implement practical business solutions under strict deadlines.
- Ability and desire to work with people as part of a high-performance team
- Ability to meet clients needs with a strong commitment to service
- Ability to travel 80-100%
- Strong desire to excel; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Additional Key Skills:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Excellent customer service focus and attitude;
- Excellent influencing and communication skills;
- Strong ability to listen, respond and build trust;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Strong ability to manage detailed tasks to completion;
- PMO certification is a plus.
A Bachelors and/or a Master’s Degree or equivalent and Public Sector Experience highly desirableLSI Consulting offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, along with profit sharing and company-funded top-notch medical and dental coverage. Apply today!